Wrapped Chocolates Portfolio CaseBy
This week, I’ve had to move aside my adhesive, scissors and stamps to make room for fabric. Why?
This grandma has grandson #2 arriving anyday now and I have to get his quilt finished before he makes his grand appearance!! One more full day and it should be ready to wrap around his sweet little frame!! I can’t wait to see him but I know my daughter is more ansy than I am!! LOL
BUT – I didn’t forget that I’ve promised many of you the instructions and cutting dimensions for this wrapped chocolate case that I took with me to the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference last month!
Thanks for patiently waiting for these instructions -they are long overdue:
1. Folder – cut cardstock at 6″ x 6 7/8″ (I used Pool Party). Score the 6 7/8″ side at 3 1/4″ and 3 5/8″.
2. Decorate the front panel as desired.
3. Pockets – cut 3 pieces at 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. Score three sides (1 long and both short sides) at 3/8″ and 3/4″. Cut out unnecessary corner boxes created by scoring on each pocket as shown in photo below:
4. On all 3 pockets, fold on all score lines and fold up securing tabs with glue dots creating open-backed pockets.
5. Wrap chocolates using strips of DSP cut at 7/8″ x 4 1/2″. I used these chocolates found at Costco:
6. Attach pockets to inside of folder and insert two chocolates into each pocket. Adhere the chocolates in highest pocket with glue dots so they don’t slip out.
7. Punch 1 hole in front panel and 1 hole in back panel and thread ribbon through holes and tie closed.
You’re all done – happy crafting!
Stamps – Tea Shoppe, Apothecary Art
Ink & Paper – Sycamore Street DSP, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Accessories – Big Shot & Label Collection Framelits, Boho Blossoms punch, silver brads, Sycamore Street ribbon pack, 1/8?hole punch