CCMC13 – Treat Holder ChallengeBy
It’s Saturday which means it’s challenge day at Create with Connie and Mary – Occasions 2013 Edition! The challenge this week is to make a treat holder – one of my favorite things to do!
Here’s my project:
It’s a triangle Hershey’s Kiss holder! I first made these up about 20 months ago for wedding favors at my daughter’s wedding reception. I never did get around to sharing the dimensions and instructions so I thought I would revisit my original idea and do just that today!
Here’s how to make one for yourself:
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″. Score 4 1/4″ side at 1/2″, 1 3/4″, and 3″.
2. Cut a rectangle template from scrap cardstock to 2 3/8″x 1 1/2″ and fold in half lengthwise – you will want this fold line to help with placement of window. Lay template on cardstock matching template fold and 3″ score line on cardstock and centering between the left and right sides. Trace around template.
3. Cut out window following pencil lines – I have had quite good luck doing this with my new Stampin” Trimmer! If you don’t have one yet, you need this item in your life – trust me!
4. Cut a piece of acetate to 2″x3″. Adhere to inside of holder and recreate the score line running through middle of window. Fold on all score lines.
5. Adhere 3 kisses to bottom using glue dots. Starting with the center candy, makes centering all candies easy.
6. Apply strong adhesive strip to 1/2″ tab and fold over top and adhere to this tab encl0sing candies.
7. Embellish as desired!
Stamps – Tiny Tags
Ink & Paper – Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, acetate sheet
Accessories – Delicate Details Lace Tape, white taffeta ribbon, 3/4″and 1″circle punches, dimensional
Now head on over to Create with Connie and Mary to see what other design team members have invented for this challenge. Then give this challenge a try for yourself!